Thursday, December 10, 2009

Molasses cookies

Just my luck, after making sure I at least accomplished something today here I am back on the computer after cookie failure.
My lovely molasses cookies came out sticky and flat. I swear it has something to do with ingredients that are not the same as home. I have never seen molasses look the way it does here as a black glob!

We almost had a sunny day and at least I saw real blue patches.
I woke with much ambition with the bright idea of writing down tasks I wanted to start or finish but instead I did none of them,glad I am not on a schedule.
Too much time is a perfect example of how to waste time when nothing is pressing. I have become an artist at that!

Now to put together my spice mix for wine. I have looked all over Stockel for cinnamon sticks or better, all the spices for mulling but nothing! We are so close to all the glogg and wine one might find that rather amazing. Close to Germany,Scandinavia ,wine country!!

Spice mix for mulling; in case anyone is looking : )

6 seeds of cardamon
1 teasp. whole cloves
1 tablespoon of allspice
12 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon of orange peel
~ this makes 4 sachets tying 3 cinnamon sticks to bag. To be used in one quart of whatever,cider wine. I can't wait to try it in Maine freshly pressed cider!! ummumm.


No comments:

Post a Comment